Splash House Q&A: Snakehips
The UK duo Snakehips hardly needs an introduction. Their music, visuals, and live performances each will have you nodding your head relentlessly for the next several lifetimes. We suggest you serve Snakehips chilled, with a loved one on your arm. Maybe take that loved one to watch when the the sun starts to bleed onto the horizon, with Snakehips playing within earshot. Whatever you do, one thing’s for certain, they’ll be impressed by your gourmet choice in music.
We had the chance to host a Q&A with Snakehips leading up to their performance at this month’s Splash House – a Pool & Music Festival hosted across two venues in Palm Springs for one amazing weekend. We covered everything from their best fan reactions, what’s in their travel survival bag, to what’s next on the horizon. And that doesn't even include the massive video they dropped today for "Cruel" featuring Zayn, also below! Check it out:
1. Thanks for taking the time out to talk with us! First question, and it’s 100% real… Do you sleep? Your accomplishments are inspiring not only to your fans and music lovers alike, but to young aspiring artists. How do you divide your time to tackle everything on your plate? In diary format, can you take us through a typical day in the life?
Yeah we sleep loads. Kinda get up late and then just work through the evening and night. Always work better when it's late.
6AM: Sleepin 8AM: Sleepin 11AM: Send some emails and play a lil bit of FIFA 2PM: Makin music 5PM: Makin music & watch Neighbours on Channel 5 in the background 8PM: Makin music & eating. 11PM: Maybe still doing music. Maybe chillin. If its friday probably be relaxing with a cool white wine
2. When the Splash House lineup was announced, what’s the best reaction you received from a fan or friend?
Lots of people were hyped for it! We're really lookin forward to the show heard such dope things about Splash House.
3. Playing so many gigs per year, what do you keep in your travel survival bag? Does that bag include any extra special add-ons for the desert, and your Splash House set that we can look forward to? Any peeks into your set that you can share with us?
Factor 80 sun screen. And also I started rollin with my own tea bags cos you just can't get a real cup of tea in the US. It's heartbreaking.
4. What fellow Splash House artist are you most likely to watch front & center?
Hudson Mohawke & Bondax
5. Lastly, the obligatory question of What can we expect from you in the coming months/year ahead? Anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe?
We're working on our debut album at the moment. That should be comin sometime soon. And just touring loads, going to some awesome places this year.