Splash House Q&A: Claptone
With his performance at this month’s Splash House – a Pool & Music Festival hosted across two venues in Palm Springs for one amazing weekend – right around the corner, we had the opportunity to host a Q&A with CLAPTONE to cover everything from a typical day in the life of the golden masked producer, what’s in his travel survival bag, to which three emojis he feels best describes himself. Put your hands together:
1. Thanks for taking the time out to talk with us! First question, and it’s 100% real… Do you sleep? Your accomplishments are inspiring not only to your fans and music lovers alike, but to young aspiring artists. How do you divide your time to tackle everything on your plate? In diary format, can you take us through a typical day in the life?
6AM: wake up / go to bed / travel 8AM: DJ / office / travel 11AM: breakfast / travel 2PM: travel / production / office / travel 5PM: travel / production / office / travel 8PM: dinner / travel 11PM: prepare DJset / production / travel
2. Playing so many gigs per year, what do you keep in your travel survival bag? Does that bag include any extra special add-ons for the desert, and your Splash House set that we can look forward to? Any peeks into your set that you can share with us?
As special desert add-on I'll pack 2 liters of bottled water purchased after security check. The other ingredients of my truly advanced travel bag stay secret I'm afraid. I don't want to bore you with a summary containing cables, toothpaste and dead bats. Of course I will share all peaks with you - on the night.
3. What fellow Splash House artist are you most likely to watch front & center?
It's a common misconception that DJs find the time to listen to other DJs play on festivals. Usually they don't cause they arrive late and leave early. almost 75% of my time I spend in hotels, on planes, in cars or on trains. I especially enjoy the 2% I spend on motorboats and yachts (ferries and cruise ships not so much).
4. The obligatory question: What can we expect from you in the coming months/year ahead? Anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe?
As always you will have to come to the gig to find out what Claptone is all about.
5. Describe yourself with three emojis. ???