Splash House Q&A: Bondax
George Townsend and Adam Kaye make up British duo Bondax, and make me want to move to Lancaster and drink as much of the county town's water as possible. The pair are scheduled to perform at this month's Splash House – a Pool & Music Festival hosted across two venues in Palm Springs for one amazing weekend - and we were lucky enough to host a Q&A with them leading up to this special summery gig. We covered everything from a typical day in the life of Bondax, to what’s in their travel survival bag, to what’s next on the horizon. Here's how it all went down:
1. Thanks for taking the time out to talk with us! First question, and it’s 100% real… Do you sleep? Your accomplishments are inspiring not only to your fans and music lovers alike, but to young aspiring artists. How do you divide your time to tackle everything on your plate? In diary format, can you take us through a typical day in the life?
6AM: Well If we're not asleep at this time it either means we've been up all night working on some music or we just finished DJing and are spinning in bed still drunk! 8AM: To be completely honest it's very rare that we are awake at this time! Unless we have a flight or train to catch! 11AM: Probably got up quite recently, at this time we're probably having breakfast, making coffee, thinking about what music we're going to make that day! 2PM: By this point we've probably got an initial idea down and probably having a break, cooking some lunch! 5PM: This depends really, as we might have had a productive day and might be wrapping up what we've been working on, or we haven't got anywhere and have a long way to go yet! 8PM: Usually at this time we're finished with music for the day and relaxing with some friends, eating some tasty dinner. 11PM: By this time we're probably in a food coma and deep into a FIFA Marathon!
2. When the Splash House lineup was announced, what’s the best reaction you received from a fan or friend?
We're always overwhelmed by the amount of people who seem excited for our return to the states, the west coast especially! I think the best reactions we get usually go along the lines of "BONDAX AND FRIENDS?!! CA?! ARGHHHHHHH"
3. Playing so many gigs per year, what do you keep in your travel survival bag? Does that bag include any extra special add-ons for the desert, and your Splash House set that we can look forward to? Any peeks into your set that you can share with us?
Well, the most important stuff to remember is obviously our laptops/phones and the respective cables! Books are also a necessity, as traveling can take a long time and books don't run out of battery! Other tour items can include a mini keyboard, a football (soccer ball) and sometimes walkie talkies!
4. What fellow Splash House artist are you most likely to watch front & center?
Obviously there are a lot of great artists playing the splash house but if we had to whittle it down we'd probably say Aeroplane & Alex Metric!
5. Lastly, the obligatory question of What can we expect from you in the coming months/year ahead? Anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe?
Well, we've got so much music we're so excited to share with everyone! There has been a lot of behind the scenes obstacles preventing releases but now we can say that we'll have a lot of new material dropping soon!
Bonus question: Describe yourself with three emojis.