Coachella Q&A: SG Lewis
When I was this guys age I had just graduated from having to climb fences into those 21+ events. Here to make me feel like I'm way behind in life is SG Lewis! The electronic music producer based in Liverpool, UK has traveled the world, collected fans from across said world, garnered MILLIONS of streams and he hasn't even released his debut album yet. We had the opportunity to host a Q&A leading up to my-friend-who-I'm-now-on-a-first-name-basis-with Sam's performance at this year's Coachella, check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
I called my Dad and told him I was playing, and he text me an hour later telling me he had booked flights with my mum and two brothers, which was so spontaneous. My family don't get to see all the shows I play, but it will be so good to have them there for my first Coachella, as it's something I think I won't forget in a hurry!
It was also amazing to get so many tweets from US fans - Coachella is my first ever US show, and there was so much support when it got announced. I honestly didn't expect anyone to care, but people were so excited, it felt amazing!
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
I'm a Coachella Newbie! I'm so excited to be here - there's obviously some nerves, as it's such a prestigious event, but it's good to be a bit nervous I think. The stage I'm playing on looks amazing, and I'm probably most excited about checking out all the other acts playing.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Definitely some Ray Bans - partly for keeping the sun out of your eyes, but mostly for swag. However the Yuma tent is pretty dark, and I'm not sure I'm hip-hop enough to pull off wearing sunglasses indoors. My only special add-on for my set is my awful dancing.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
If any of the rumours are true about who he might be bringing with him, then I think Ice Cubes set is gonna one not to miss. The Disclosure guys always smash it too so will head down for that!
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
I'm currently working on a debut album, and have finished a load of music to put out in the mean time, so you can expect lots of new music. I'm also playing a DJ set at Sound nightclub in LA this Thursday, so just let me know if you wanna come down! And of course :)