Coachella Q&A: Frances
What a year it's been for Frances, an artist wise beyond her years. Last May, she stepped into prominence turning her haunting and emotive music (from "Grow" to "When It Comes To Us" to "Borrowed Time") into a lovely affair. We had the opportunity to host a Q&A leading up her performance where we covered everything from friend reactions, what’s in her travel survival bag, to what’s next on the horizon. Check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
All of my friends were pretty jealous as they've always wanted to go to Coachella!! So they were kind of happy for me but wishing they could come too!
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
I'm a Coachella newbie, so I am just so excited to soak up the atmosphere and watch/hear as much music as possible, hopefully get to meet some other artists I haven't got to meet before, and soak up the sun a bit!!
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Lots and lots of sun cream. I'm so pale so I think I might need to hire someone to follow me round with a parasol!! Joking of course but I will be carrying around a bag full of factor 50 sun screen. I've been a bit brave and decided to do my Coachella set solo - so just me and piano. It's such a hugely exciting show for me and I can't wait to be up there playing my songs how they were written, just me at the piano.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
I'm really excited to see LCD Soundsystem - it will be so amazing!!
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
My debut album is out this year, so I cannot wait to share that with the world. Some touring around the US is on the cards too so the rest of this year is going to be a lot of fun! And of course!!