Coachella Q&A: Epik High
There's no doubt EPIK HIGH is the highest-profile Korean band to play Coachella, and music-lovers and the media alike are abuzz. Look at them, they're just so damn lovable with megawatt smiles that electrify, just like their music. Following a successful Weekend 1 in Indio, we had the opportunity to host a Q&A with the guys, where we covered everything from their best fan reactions, what's in their travel survival bag, to what's next on the horizon. Check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
From a fan: WHAT? IS THAT 'EPIK HIGH' THE EPIK HIGH I KNOW ON THAT LINEUP POSTER?
From a musician friend: Go kill it so they'll invite me next year.
From a family member: Hurry back.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
We're newbies. We plan to create as many memories as possible within the bounds of law and ethics. But if all three of us return home healthy and wholesome, we will have failed each other.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
We have a Bruce Lee doll, a McDonald's hashbrown, and a Lego Millenium Falcon in our bag, among many other things.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
Guns N' Roses. Joey Bada$$. St Germain. Run the Jewels. And of course, EPIK HIGH!!!
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
Many many exciting things are ahead, so follow @blobyblo on Twitter and Instagram and invite yourself into our world. Here's our pinky. Take it.