Coachella Q&A: AlunaGeorge
It’s been a great couple weeks sharing our Coachella Q&As, but the trophy, sash and diamond-studded tiara goes to Aluna Francis of AlunaGeorge. We had the opportunity to chat with the singer leading up her performance this Saturday in the famed Sahara Tent which will be poppin off at 6:40pm. If we can make one request as Aluna says hello to the crowd...please take a celebratory walk across the stage and wave to your fans and allow me to sing the Miss Universe theme song. This may or may not include a baton solo mid song. And confetti guns. As long as I promise to not steal the tiara, I say we go for it.
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
My girlfriends sent me outfit inspo within minutes. Coachella is like a ticking bomb, people are waiting for it to go off all year. Turn up!
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
We played 2 years ago and last year came out with DJ Snake. Not sure we are veteran status yet but definitely know where to find the AC and where they stash the secret beers! Also pretty pro at flagging down a golf cart.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Glitter, brown lipstick, a selection of visors and more glitter.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
That's like choosing a favorite brother - Baauer, Zhu, Disclosure, Jack Ü, Flume.
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
Our new album, I Remember! Yes, come see all the new songs live at our next show.