Coachella Q&A: Two Fresh
Originally from Nashville, now residing in Los Angeles, twin brothers Sherwyn and Kendrick Nicholls, better known as Two Fresh, don't waste time grabbing onto your attention. Their unique electronic production style dips into early 90's hip-hop, using soulful and lo-fi samples, and you know we here at Kick Kick Snare can spot out classic drum stylings.
Leading up to Two Fresh's performance this weekend at Coachella in the Heineken House, we had the chance to host a Q&A to give fans a glimpse of what to expect. Check it out:
With their first full length album, "Airmail", Two Fresh took the sound in a spacey, yet grounded direction that has set the foundation for their more recent works. Having released "Watch This!" in early 2013, the twins' latest EP showcases the more upbeat side of their musical spectrum.
Sherwyn and Kendrick developed a broad fan base, spanning all across North America, through extensive touring with artists such as Skrillex, Bassnectar,12th Planet, and Daedelus as well as performing at a slew of music festivals including Electric Daisy Carnival, SXSW and Detroit Electronic Music Festival.
Now in their fifth year as a group, be sure to catch Two Fresh out this summer performing new material from their forthcoming full-length release due this fall!
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
The overall response was amazing. Obviously our friends and family were happy for us, but we have been working hard this year to share our experiences with new and old fans, so seeing them leave comments that they were as stoked as us was really great.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
We actually played DoLab stage about three years ago. Coachella is great because its like a big vacation for all our musical peers, there are some wild things that go on, but we should keep those stories hush hush lol.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Always have to bring a clean pair of sunglasses to block the desert sun, pre rolled joints are always part of the survival as well. This year we might bring out a special guest from our Torch EP, we shall see!
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
We definitely want to see what Anderson Paak is going to do. We just got off tour with him and he's the homie so we always support friends. Also, TOKiMONSTA is the big sister so definitely going to check her out.
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
We have a project coming out with our homie Falcons soon. The music is sounding amazing so we are all excited to get that out and see what the people think.
lol, no doubt we can definitely keep you posted on our up coming shows. We also post them on our socials too @twofreshbeats - lol, quick plug.