Coachella Q&A: Moon Taxi
Moon Taxi are so Coachella. These Nashville-based alt-rockers make me want to swing by a dispensary en route to their performance where you'll find me lying belly-up, hidden on the sprawling green lawn in a wool blanket, and singing "Year Zero" to the sky. Something tells me I'll be in good company. From their three highly-praised albums, national TV appearances, commercial syncs, and tour schedule, these guys have the formula down - and people are reacting! We had the chance to host a short Q&A with the band leading up to their performance at this year's Coachella Music Festival, and covered everything from In-N-Out to Gold Bond, check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
Several fans are asking if Slash will be jamming with us. We'd love that, but his number has changed since my mom got it in the 80's. :(
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
We are each Coachella virgins. I'm most excited about (hopefully) getting in a water-gun battle with Leo. Dad-bods unite!
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Lots of Gold Bond, of which I'm hoping to secure an endorsement deal with. Sick of the nickname "chafy."
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
Def LCD. Dad-bods unite!
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
Post Coachella, I'm gonna start hitting the gym; so over my dad-bod!
We'll def let KKS know about any upcoming LA plays if you promise to take me to In & Out. We'll go post-gym.