Coachella Q&A: Matt and Kim
Seriously, if I wasn't completely in love with my boyfriend, I'd join the Westboro Baptist Church, pray myself super bro straight and dedicate my life to courting Kim Schifino of Matt and Kim. We'd have a house on the hill in the countryside, complete with a crisp white picket fence, animals, and definitely a nearby lake where I'd row us romantically in a gondola. Unfortunately, my heart is taken so I'll just marry Matt and Kim's music and continue to wave a middle finger to close-minded morons as I crowd surf by. Speaking of...we had the opportunity to host a Q&A with Kim leading up to the duo's performance at this year's Coachella Music Festival, and she basically won the A game. We covered everything from advice on crowd surfing, past festival highlights, to what's in Kim's travel survival bag, and more! Grab a baby wipe and check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
Ha! So sometimes we don't know exactly what time they are going to announce. With Coachella you can always tell when the announcement comes out cause all of a sudden your phone blows up with all your friends looking for that guest list spot. This is how I found out the announcement went out.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
We did Coachella many years ago...I think it was 2010 or maybe 2009. The show was crazy, but a naked dude stepped it up a notch. In the middle of "Lessons Learned" I could see a guy at the barricade without a shirt on. Then I realized he was jumping the barricade and climbing on stage....completely naked! It was fucking awesome. He ran behind us spinning his dick in ways I've never seen. I still wish we could figure out who this guy was so I can get him to teach Matt all his moves! A girl can dream....
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Baby wipes! To be honest this should be in your bag at all times cause summer is about to begin and you never know when a hook up is going to happen. You can't be all swampy "down there"! You need to be prepared to wipe down before you get down! I mean I guess they can be used to wipe your hands too but that is what your clothes are for.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
I really want to see Vince Staples and Rancid. I am a lover of hip hop and punk so this covers it. Unfortunately, we get in right before our show on the first weekend so we need to make the second weekend count.
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
I am only going to pinky swear if you pinky swear your ass is gonna crowd surf when we come back through LA. We are doing a Coachella side show in Pomona on the Thursday between the two Coachellas. My words of advice for you are make sure you do it the right way....don't crowd surf dick down...unless you are into that sort of thing! Oh and our plans are to keep touring til we can't tour no more!!