Coachella Q&A: Louis The Child
Who doesn't love Louis The Child? Shoot, even T-Swift gave the duo a shout late last year, which is quite the endorsement - a close second to ours of course. We had the chance to host a Q&A leading up to Louis The Child's performance at this year's infamous Coachella Music Festival, covering everything from what's in their travel survival bag, which fellow performers they're most looking forward to seeing, to what's next on the horizon...
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
My dog barked a couple times when I told her.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
Robby: I've gone the past 2 years with my sister. My first Coachella I saw Cage The Elephant front row and during Back Against The Wall the lead singer jumped down from the stage and walked right up to me and grabbed my hand. I pulled him up on the gate and then he crowd surfed on top of me during the guitar solo. I show people the video I got of it all the time.
Freddy: I've never been but I'm excited to check it out!
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
It's actually quite extensive. It includes: Watermelon juice, USBs, a katana, headphones, dad jokes, Twitter, a stick of butter, sunglasses, portable charger that we'll forget to charge after day one, handful of Peanut MnM's, Michael J. Fox, bears, beats, Battlestar Galactica.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
Robby: Sam Gellaitry, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, AlunaGeorge, Mr Carmack, Melvv, Hotel Garuda, Autograf
Freddy: Purity Ring, Miike Snow, Mr Carmack, Melvv, Hotel Garuda, Autograf
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
Our EP is on the way! And yes of course we'll let you know next time we're in LA <3