Coachella Q&A: Nina Las Vegas
Can someone please introduce me to Nina Las Vegas in person so I can make a fool of myself as I drop to her feet and bow? Her music gives me such a high, like completely transcends me to another happier dimension. Like any addiction, when the music stops I transform into an angry nightmare, the kind that hides in closets and lurks in the shadows. Point being, when Nina Las Vegas agreed to our pre-Coachella Q&A, I about smiled so big my head ripped in half. Perhaps this is me one step closer to that bow? But seriously, if you're unfamiliar read through her answers and listen to the tracks, below. You can thank me later.
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
A writer from my hometown reached out for an interview. After 10 years of being outside of Wagga Wagga, I was finally in the local paper! My parents shared the news, but so did very distant relatives and super old friends.
2. You are a Coachella newbie! What are you most excited or most nervous about?
I’m actually nervous about my nerves. If I’m nervous I get the shakes and it takes me about 10 mins to warm into my set. I hope that doesn’t happen! Oh and the gear failing, but i'm the queen of back up plans, so that's not too scary.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
I have my management and close friends around me at Coachella, so that's going to be great! I’m also bringing a guest out on my set, a girl I’m super excited about and looking forward to working with in the future!
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
Skepta, for sure!
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
My EP will have dropped Friday before Coachella, so that’s one thing out… then more NLV Records signings out and a mid year release too!