Coachella Q&A: Hotel Garuda
Hotel Garuda (Manila Killa x Candle Weather) is like the chocolate mint waiting on your pillow after turn down service. It’s probably more like the Patron shot you took with your friends before hitting the dance floor but either while you slice it, Hotel Garuda are mint and you can sign me up for an extended stay, and late check out every time.
Leading up to their performance at this year's Coachella Music Festival, we hosted a Q&A with Hotel Garuda and covered everything from their reactions, the fellow artists their most looking forward to seeing, to what's in their travel survival bags. Check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
Candle Weather: A message from a peer who had played the festival the year before, congratulating me. Manila Killa: My best friend of 5 years twitter DM'd me and said "I knew this was gonna happen brother, it was about time.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
CW: Yes! I've never been to the festival. Very excited to see guns n roses and LCD Soundsystem, as well as our good buddies Louis The Child at the sahara tent. I'm just nervous about getting dehydrated in all that heat! MK: Yes I'm a Coachella newbie! I'm most excited about the atmosphere. The grounds look like such a beautiful environment with all the art installations and happy attendees everywhere. I'm most nervous about the parking and the lines to get food. (I heard the food is amazing).
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
CW: USBs, headphones, portable phone charger, sunglasses, water. hopefully I'll be able to get some Emergen-c or something too. MK: Portable charger for my phone. Sun screen. Sunglasses. And of course, my trusty USB that will hold tracks we'll be playing during our DJ set.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
CW: Guns 'N Roses. I've waited since i was 12 years old to see them live as the original lineup and I'm gonna be screaming the whole time. MK: Rüfüs Dü Sol. They released a song called Innerbloom very early this year and I've been in love with it ever since - I've played it at least once a day so far in 2016.
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
CW: After coachella we'll be mostly in writing mode working on the new originals and remixes, while still playing some shows here and there. We'll be playing at the Roxy with Jai Wolf on May 16 :) MK: Post-Coachella, it'll be back to the grind working on all new material. Oh, and we're actually playing LA on May 16! We're opening for our good friend Jai Wolf at The Roxy Theatre.